Audience Services Associate
Act II Playhouse, the professional, non-profit theatre in the heart of bustling Ambler PA, is immediately hiring a part-time Audience Services Associate to work a minimum of 15 hours per week. Candidate must be available on days, nights and weekends; hours vary depending on our performance schedule. An ideal candidate will have excellent people skills, box office and house management experience and be dependable, conscientious and a team player.
Position: Audience Services Associate
Hours: Varies, including nights and weekends
Approximate Start Date: As soon as possible
▪ Report to the Audience Services Manager
▪ Provide exceptional Customer Service for sales/orders/exchanges of single tickets, subscriptions, group tickets, and gift certificates via telephone, email and/or in person.
▪ Screen visitors and telephone calls and direct to appropriate staff members. Respond to requests for information as directed.
▪ Serve as Audience Services Associate or House Manager during assigned shifts.
▪ Additional duties on performance days include addressing patrons’ needs in an efficient and courteous manner; managing volunteer ushers; keeping the theater, lobby and public spaces neat and tidy.
▪ Responsible for box office cash drawer count out and settlement at start and end of each shift.
Preferred Skills & Attributes:
▪ 1 to 2 years retail and/or administrative experience, preferably working with the general public.
▪ Professional demeanor with excellent telephone manners.
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication.
▪ Organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
▪ Excellent computer skills (Windows/Office/Email/Internet/etc.). Knowledge of Box Office software a plus.
▪ Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a dynamic, creative environment.
▪ A passion for live theatre and the arts.
Act II’s work environment is friendly and collaborative; we strive for a “culture of nice” that encompasses our administrative and artistic staff, designers and artists, and our donors and patrons.
Act II Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter via email to Deb Wesler, Audience Services Manager ([email protected]). We appreciate the interest of all applicants for this position. However, only candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.