Part-Time Audience Services Associate
Act II Playhouse, the professional, non-profit theatre in the heart of bustling Ambler PA, is immediately hiring a Part-Time Audience Services Associate. Come join our Team!
Candidate must be available some days, evenings and weekends. Hours vary depending on our production schedule: a minimum of 13.5 hours (three 4.5-hour shifts)/week when we are not in performance, with a potential for up to 25 hours/week during subscription processing and performance weeks.
An ideal candidate will have excellent people skills, box office and house management experience or customer service experience, and be dependable, conscientious and a team player.
Hours: Vary, including some days, evenings and weekends
Approximate Start Date: ASAP
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report to the Audience Services Manager
- Provide exceptional Customer Service for sales/orders/exchanges of single tickets, subscriptions, group tickets, and gift certificates via telephone, email and/or in person.
- Screen visitors and telephone calls and direct to appropriate staff members. Respond to requests for information as directed.
- Serve as Audience Services Associate or House Manager during assigned shifts.
- Additional duties on performance days include addressing patrons’ needs in an efficient and courteous manner; managing volunteer ushers; keeping the theater, lobby and public spaces neat and tidy.
- Responsible for box office cash drawer count out and settlement at start and end of each shift.
Audience Services Associate Work Schedule:
The Audience Services Associate position consists of two main roles – Box Office Associate and House Manager. Hours vary depending on which role is assigned for a particular shift:
- Box Office Associate shifts are a minimum of three 4.5-hour shifts (13.5 hours/week) when we are not in performance. Shifts are 1:45PM to 6:15PM Monday through Saturday. Additional hours during Performance Weeks include: starting at Noon on Matinee days (Wednesday and Thursday) and/or ending at 8:15PM on Evening performance dates (Wednesday, Friday, Saturday) plus occasional Sunday Matinee shifts from Noon to 2:15PM.
- House Manager shift hours vary depending on the length of the show:
- 90-minute show: 4-hour shift starts 2 hours before curtain. The shift for a 90-minute 8PM show is 6PM to 10PM; for a 2PM matinee, the shift is Noon to 4PM.
- 2-hour show: 4.5-hour shift starts 2 hours before curtain. Shift for a 2-hour 8PM show is 6PM to 10:30PM; for a 2PM matinee, the shift is Noon to 4:30PM.
- There are no House Manager shifts during the weeks when Act II is not in performance. Non-show periods vary in length from 2, 3 or 4 weeks.
- Total shift hours during performance weeks are approximately 20 to 22.5 hours per week.
- Performance weeks per show are 4 or 5 weeks; it’s possible the final show of our season (in May/June) may run for 6 weeks. Act II stages six shows per season; our season runs July through June.
Preferred Skills & Attributes:
- 1 to 2 years retail and/or administrative experience, preferably working with the general public.
- Professional demeanor with excellent telephone manners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid computer skills (Windows/Office/Email/Internet/etc.).
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM)/Box Office software a plus.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a dynamic, creative environment.
- A passion for live theatre and the arts.
Act II’s work environment is friendly and collaborative; we strive for a “culture of nice” that encompasses our administrative and artistic staff, designers and artists, and our donors and patrons. Staff members enjoy the opportunity to see all of our productions for free plus receive additional complimentary tickets to share with friends or family.
Act II Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter/email and resume via email to Deb Wesler, Audience Services Manager (email@example.com). We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.