Act II Playhouse in Ambler, a non-profit professional theatre, is hiring a part-time Box Office Associate/House Manager to work a minimum of 15 hours per week, primarily on nights and weekends with occasional day shifts. Ideal candidate will have excellent people skills, box office experience, as well as the ability to work well under pressure.
Position: Box Office Associate/House Manager
▪ Report to the Managing Director & Audience Services Manager.
▪ Provide customer service for sales/orders/exchanges of Single Tickets, Subscriptions, Group Tickets, and Gift Certificates via telephone, email, written correspondence, and/or in person.
▪ Screen visitors, telephone calls, and direct to appropriate staff members. Respond to requests for information as directed. Organize and maintain a complete and accurate file system of various correspondence and documents.
▪ Serve as Box Office Associate/House Manager during respective shifts.
▪ Manage ushers and volunteer staff on days of performance.
▪ Be responsible for box office cash draw count out and settlement at start and end of shift.
▪ Must be available to work a minimum of four (4) Box Office and/or House Management shifts a week.
▪ 1-2 years retail and/or administrative experience preferably working with the general public.
▪ Professional demeanor with excellent telephone manners.
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication.
▪ Organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy
▪ Excellent computer skills (Windows XP/Office/Email/Internet/etc.) Knowledge of Total Info a plus.
▪ Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment and meet deadlines in a creative environment.
▪ A passion for live theatre and the arts.